Upper Back Pain Relief
Although it is not as common to experience pain in the upper back (the area of the upper spine that travels up the neck) due to its lack of movement, one can still however suffer pain that will not only cause discomfort, but also enable movement.
At Diagnostic Health & Injury Clinic we provide treatments that help you experience pain relief. Our expertise in physical therapy modalities also aid in correcting and maintaining upper back pain relief.
Upper Back Pain Symptoms:
- Pain that gets worse at night
- Muscle tightness
- Dull burning
- Sharp pain
- Numbness in limbs
Contact us to learn more about our treatment options and how we can help.
Take advantage of our New Patient Offer.
Upper Back Pain Causes:
- Not enough exercise
- Exercising too much with the wrong techniques
- Being overweight
- High levels of stress
- Sitting for too long
- Lifting heavy objects
- Muscular injury or strain
- Joint inflammation
- Myofascial pain – Long-lasting pain of connective tissue (fascia) of muscles
- Joint dysfunction – Pain caused in the sacroiliac joint
- Herniated disc – Bulging or ruptures of discs causing pain
- Overuse/ muscle strain – Muscle pain from tears and overuse
- Improper posture – Imbalances in the upper back causing strains that lead to disc problems and inflammation
- Osteoarthritis – The breakdown of cartilage in the small disc joints that cushion the movement of the spine
Muscle strain or myfascial pain are the most common causes of upper back pain and in many instances is relieved through the use of trigger point therapy & trigger point injections. Spinal joint dysfunction or inflammation can also lead to upper back pain, but can be treated by chiropractic adjustments. These adjustments help mobilize the joint, stretch the spine and shoulders, and reduce pain. The proper treatment and needs for your back condition depend on your specific pain symptoms. If you are suffering from pain in the upper back, please contact Diagnostic Health & Injury Clinic so we can assist you in achieving lasting pain relief.