Shoulder Pain Relief
Shoulder pain is difficult to handle due to the ample variables that enable the pain to occur. Inconsistencies of the shoulder include:
- Rotator cuff abnormalities
- Inflammatory pain
- Prolonged and chronic pain
Shoulder pain can also occur due to conditions such as muscle spasms and joint arthritis.
To efficiently deal with these known problems, Diagnostic Health & Injury Clinic has a staff of pain management professionals have been active in the treatment process for years and who provide collectively a multidisciplinary approach to pain management that ensure the best care possible.
Contact us to learn more about our treatment options and how we can help.
Take advantage of our New Patient Offer.
Shoulder Pain Treatment
Once correctly diagnosed, Diagnostic Health & Injury will provide you with the optimal treatment choices to better your condition and halt any pain as soon as possible. Below are some of our treatment programs offered:
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapy works in strengthening the body’s posture through proper exercise, ranges of motion, and resistance training. It also improves joint mobility and muscle flexibility through corrective exercise and stretching.
- Spinal Adjustments –Spinal adjustments put the body in a correct posture alignment and it helps to relieve muscle strain.
- Injection Based Procedures Trigger point injections, therapeutic injections, and intra-articular joint procedures help relieve pain while simultaneously increasing mobility.
First Choice Health & Injury’s comprehensive knowledge and experience will aid in identifying and treating your pain. Below are some of the more prevalent causes of shoulder pain.
Causes of Shoulder Pain:
- Rotator Cuff Injury – The rotator cuff is a fragile area on the body on the back that is connected to the shoulder blade. It is extremely prone to injury due to a variety of movement and flexibility that the area preforms. Small movements like reaching behind the seat in a car or lifting up a weighted object improperly can cause muscle tears and stress in the area.
- Brachial Plexopathy – Pain and weakness associated with compression of the brachial plexus, a large grouping of nerves that extends from the neck into the arms. The brachial plexus can become injured by compressions of muscles, bone, trauma, tumor, or inflammation. Injured movements of the neck and shoulder can worsen the pain symptoms.
- Tennis Elbow – Painful condition of overworked tendons in the elbow, caused by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Carpal tunnel is caused by pressure placed on the nerves in the wrist. Pain, stiffness, numbness and burning sensation can occur in the wrist, fingers and palm of the hand.
- Arthritis – Arthritis causes joint degeneration, inflammation of cartilage and stiffness in joints.
- Frozen Shoulder – Pain and stiffness in the shoulder. Typically starts as a slight pain and develops gradually over time. Developing frozen shoulder is more common for patients recovering from a medical condition or procedure regarding the mobility of the arm.
The pain management specialists at Diagnostic will find the root cause of your shoulder pain injury. Once our experts identify the source of your pain we can provide a customized pain management program designed for your specific pain needs. Contact us today to get started.