Lower Back Pain Relief
Almost 80% of Americans ranging from all lifestyles suffer from lower back pain in their lifetime, making this a highly relevant condition. It is the most common type of back pain and can be induced by hundreds of different variables and reasons.
Here are some of the common signs of lower back pain, but keep in mind that not every one of these symptoms may apply to your own specific lower back pain condition.
Lower Back Pain Symptoms:
- Muscle spasms
- Short range of movement
- Difficulties when walking or standing straight
- Pain around the rear
- Leg pain down towards the knee
- Sharp shooting pain
- Pain when laying down
Even simple daily activities such as sitting down improperly or lifting objects in an irregular manner can cause pain in the back. Listed below are some of the more common reasons for lower back pain.
Lower Back Pain Causes:
- Myofascial pain – One of the more common causes of lower back pain, myfasicial is long-lasting pain that affects the connective tissue (fascia) of muscles.
- Muscle strain – Muscles tighten, strain, or even suffer from small tears due to overuse and strain. Untreated strains can become consistent pain issues if not treated properly or in a timely manner
- Herniated and bulging discs – Spinal discs act as cushions and support between the vertebrae of the spine, and can “slip” position or even burst causing herniation, leading to intense nerve pain.
- Arthritis/Osteoarthritis – Arthritis is a breakdown of cartilage in the small disc joints within the spinal column in the back. Over time, this can also cause narrowing of the space around the spinal cord.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – Natural aging and break down of the spinal discs. Over time the discs can lose their cushioning and this results in lower back pain.
- Obesity – Excess weight on the body and joints add extra pressure. Poor posture and extra stress on the lower back also can result in lower back pain.
- Sciatica– Disc herniation or traumatic impact can create pressure on the sciatic nerve, resulting in sharp and shooting pains. Many times this pain runs through the hip and down the legs.
- Poor Posture/Sleeping position– can lead to pain and strain in the muscles and imbalances in the lower back.
It is always very important to pay attention to your lower back pain and get proper treatment for it can be an indicator or the catalyst to a serious medical problem.
Pinched nerves or more serious medical issues can be determined with symptoms like:
- Pain accompanied by fever
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms we strongly recommend contacting our clinic as soon as possible to reduce the risk of long-term damage.
Diagnostic Health & Injury Clinic is equipped with a staff of award winning chiropractors, medical doctors, physical therapists and pain management specialists. Call Diagnostic Health & Injury Clinic for the best pain management treatments.