Chiropractic Adjustments for Back Pain Relief
Added stress on your body can agitate your spinal cord and interrupt the signals between your brain and your body. This disturbance can create painful conditions throughout your body. At Diagnostic Health & Injury Clinic, we specialize in providing chiropractic adjustments to help reduce the pain from harmful conditions that form in the back, neck, shoulders and legs.
Chiropractic adjustments use a fast yet delicate push on the designated spinal joint to re-align and position the spine. This movement places the spinal column back into its correct position to allow your body to heal itself naturally.
Types of Adjustments offered by Diagnostic Health & Injury
- Full Spine – Corrects misalignments / subluxations along the spine by repositioning points of interference. Reduces pain and pressure from surrounding nerves in the back.
- Extremity manipulation – Works to increase the range of motion and functionality of joints in the hands, arms, legs and hips. Manipulation is effective in treating symptoms of bursitis, carpal tunnel, arthritis, and tendonitis.
- Active release – Active Release Technique Muscular (ART) is a hands-on approach to determine mobility and tightness of soft tissue. The treatment breaks up adhesions with stretches and directs lymphatic flow to increase muscle range and mobility.
- Sacro-occipital (SOT)– Way of identifying nervous system imbalances in the spine with focused pressure at the base of the skull. The response from the nervous system from this technique shows the source of the pain and the imbalances along the spine.
- Thompson (Drop) – Enhances the motion to the area being adjusted by using a segmental table. That table segment is then dropped utilizing the body’s natural movement to correct spinal imbalance.
- Upper cervical – Adjustments around the neck. Adjustments address the subluxation (pinched nerve) in the upper cervical area.
- Flexion/Distraction– Gradual, gentle pulls are used to release pressure on the spine and allow the discs to re-shape. This allows pressure relief on strained nerves and eliminates pain symptoms.
- Activator– A small chiropractic device that delivers a spring loaded measured impulse to the spine. The Activator technique can be used for patients of all ages, but is especially helpful for restless children. Patients of older age with weaker bone conditions find this gentle technique very effective as well.
How Chiropractic Adjustments Can Help
Back pain, neck pain, leg pain or migraine pain are some of the most common issues that attract chiropractic adjustments. Chiropractic care treatments encourage:
- The body and its natural instincts to heal
- Balancing your body’s structure and function
- Bones, nerves, joints and muscles to function in a healthy manner
Diagnostic Health & Injury has been achieving high-quality chiropractic services for many years. Whether you’re suffering from a migraine or shoulder pain, our trained staff is prepared to help reduce your pain and discomfort. Make an appointment with one of our specialists today.